Used for testing for peripheral neuropathy in diabetic patients, the Neuropen is a perfect, dual purpose pocket-sized device designed to provide a safe and reliable test.
- Neuropen is an effective aid to the screening of peripheral neuropathy
- Calibrated Neurotip test assesses reduced sensation to sharpness/pain in small nerve fibres
- Calibrated monofilament test assesses protective touch/pressure sensation in large nerve fibres
- Each Neuropen comes complete with 1 x 10g Monofilament, 1 Neurotip and comprehensive user instructions.
Neurotips are sterile, single-use neurological examination pins which avoid the risk of cross-infection and skin puncture.When used in conjunction with the Owen Mumford Neuropen. a calibrated force of 40g may be safely exerted onto the skin, to identify patients with decreased sensation to sharpness and pain in small nerve fibres.
- Sterile semi-sharp examination pin
- Sharpness testing tip
- Removable cap
- Peripheral vision testing - The red and white Neurotips provide contrast when used for peripheral vision testing
- Neurotips are supplied in dispenser boxes of 100, There is no difference in the force exerted between the Red and White but they provide a contrast when used for peripheral vision testing.
10g Monofilaments for use with Neuropen
The 10g Monofilament test assesses touch/ pressure sensation in large nerve fibres.
- This test enables the clinician to map areas of reduced pressure perception on the foot by exerting a specific repeatable force on the test site.
- Testing for peripheral Neuropathy in people with Diabetes should be conducted on an Annual basis and is measured as a QoF indicator.
- Accurate 10g test delivered everytime using PET monofilaments.
- Easily cleaned with alcohol based swabs.